Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] IPsec sequence numbers

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:24:53 -0700
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 05:14:21PM -0500, Gerald Combs wrote:
> Is there any reason the AH and ESP sequence numbers in packet-ipsec.c are
> displayed in hex instead of decimal?  Would anyone object if they were
> changed to BASE_DEC?

I wouldn't object.  For some unknown reasons, there are, in some
dissectors, fields that are cardinal or ordinal numbers (at least from a
quick look at RFC 2406, the ESP sequence number appears to be something
like an ordinal number) that are displayed in hex, such as byte counts
in some protocols; as I was only born with 10 fingers, I tend to expect
those to be displayed in decimal.