Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Gtk question...

From: "Greg Morris" <GMORRIS@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 08:26:36 -0600
Several people have asked me to add the ability to search the decode and summary windows for text.

I am having a hard time determining the proper method to get the handles for these GTK items.

It appears that the column window is a GTK_CONTAINER containing the data packet_list as seen in line 2636 of /gtk/main.c

It appears that the decode window is created in line 2646 of the same file by calling the function create_tree_view in the file proto_draw.c.

My question lies with how to get this data passed to the GTK_MENU_FACTORY item of /Edit/Find Frame...

Is it just a simple set_menu_object_data function to pass this information or would it be more complicated. I have done some debugging but haven't found a good way of getting the handles passed so that I can parse/search the GtkClist data structure contained within the associated widgets.

Any ideas would be appreciated...
Greg