Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] GTP dissector: GTP-C / GTP-U echo request/reply distinction

From: "Haebler, Marcus (Marcus)" <haebler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 09:07:39 -0400
Folks,

I noticed that the GTPv1 dissector sets the protocol column to
GTP-C by default and only sets the column to GTP-U for G-PDUs.

There are a couple control messages on the GTP-U as well. Most
prominently that's GTP-U echo/reply for path verification. I
propose that this be changed to make GTP-C & GTP-U echo/reply and
the other two GTP-U messages (as 29.060 v5.6.0) easily
distinguishable.

I would imagine that we want to evaluate the UDP port number and then
set the protocol column accordingly.

Any thoughts from the UMTS people on the list?

Thanks,

Marcus