Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] protocols support for Cisco DISL, SLE, EGP, ATM, FrameRealy

From: "Sunil Kumar" <sunil.kumr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:54:14 +0530
Harris

 Thanks for the info
 I downloaded ethereal 0.9.14 version
 I could not locate packet-egp.c

Thanks & regards
sunil

-----Original Message-----
From: Guy Harris [mailto:guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 1:01 PM
To: Sunil Kumar
Cc: ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Ethereal-dev] protocols support for Cisco DISL, SLE, EGP, ATM, FrameRealy

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 12:21:52PM +0530, Sunil Kumar wrote:
>  Does ethereal provide support for following protocols ?
>  If yes what files to look for ?
>
>  1. Cisco DISL

I'm not sure how DISL differs from ISL, but there is some support for ISL.  See packet-eth.c and packet-isl.c

>  2. Cisco SLE ( Serial Link Encapsulation )

Is that the protocol sometimes called "Cisco HDLC" (which isn't actually HDLC)?  If so, see packet-chdlc.c.

>  3. EGP

packet-egp.c

>  4. HDLC

HDLC by itself isn't supported; we do support some HDLC-derived protocols - LAPB (packet-lapb.c), LAPD (packet-lapd.c), as well as a protocol from which HDLC is derived, namely SDLC (packet-sdlc.c).

>  5. Frame Relay
>           - LAP
>           - LAPF

What's "LAP", as opposed to "LAPF"?

We support some of LAPF, at least - see packet-fr.c.

>           - RFC2427

See packet-fr.c.

>  6. ATM
>          - RFC1483

See packet-atm.c.

>          - MPOA
>          - AAL2 cells

No - nobody's implemented those.

>  7. Voice
>          - H225

The current CVS version of Ethereal supports it; some earlier versions support it with the plugin dissector from

	http://voice2sniff.org/

or

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/ethereal-h323-p/

I'm not the author of all of that stuff, so I'm setting replies to go to the ethereal-dev list, rather than just to me.

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.