Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Small SIP patch

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:02:41 -0700

On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 2:18 AM, Ruud Linders wrote:
Good point, currently we are using a hack in packet-sctp which checks
for PPI=0  (=NOT_SPECIFIED_PROTOCOL_ID) and just calls the sip decoder.
The src/dst port is both 1 which is also not very distinctive so that
would leave a heuristic approach.

I've just checked in a change to give the SCTP dissector a heuristic subdissector list (named, in an extraordinary burst of creativity, "sctp"), so adding

	heur_dissector_add( "sctp", dissect_sip_heur, proto_sip );

to "proto_reg_handoff_sip()" should register it as a heuristic subdissector of SCTP.

Try that, with the current CVS version of packet-sctp.c (without the hack checking for PPI=0), and see if that works. If it does, we should remove the registering of the SIP dissector, and replace it with the version that adds it as a heuristic subdissector of SCTP.