Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Name resolving patch including etheral

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 01:39:26 -0700
On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 03:27:44PM +0200, Joerg Mayer wrote:
> this patch is an attempt to implement a finer grained name resolution.

Checked in, with a change to write out the settings of all the
individual name types to the preferences file (if all are set, it still
writes out "TRUE", and if none are set, it still writes out "FALSE", and
accepts "TRUE" and "FALSE" as meaning "all" and "none").

> This version implements this feature in both ethereal and thethereal.
> Two words of warning: I don't know how to program gtk, so the added buttons
> are the result of copy paste, which shows very much with the file open
> dialog, which is just ugly.

I cleaned the file open dialog box up.

> What is still missing is name resolving in the
> context menu in the decoded packet window because I simply didn't have the
> time to look at how this is handled so far.

I haven't done anything on that.