Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Enhancement for long sniffing sessions with ethereal

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 22:40:04 -0700
On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 02:07:14AM -0400, Remi Cohen-Scali wrote:
>  Eventually if you want to apply the patch I could change things that
> would have to be. I changed a little bit
> the gtkclist code and don't know if this is acceptable for you.

Unfortunately, we're currently not using that version of the gtkclist
code on all platforms, so if the patch requires a change to the clist,
that won't work.

Eventually, we'll be using a different widget (probably our own widget,
at least until the entire universe switches to GTK+ 2.0 and the new
"virtual list" widget in 2.0 doesn't make a pass through the entire list
calculating the sizes of columns), but, until that happens, patches that
require a change to the visible behavior of the clist (rather than just
making it run faster, as our version does, although my changes went into
1.2.8 or 1.2.9 or so) can't be used.

> BTW: There is still a little problem in it, as the first row in the
> clist, when selected is not correctly drawn (background is not filled in
> blue, instead row is just surrounded with a rectangle)

You might want to see whether you can make it work without clist
changes - that might also get rid of that problem.