Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ABS/REL time in display filters

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 21:51:12 -0700
On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 06:45:48PM +1000, Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:
> absolute time:
> The patch will not compile properly or work as it is since it uses the
> function strptime() which
> is nonstandard.
> To get it working under Linux one needs to include <time.h> and set some
> defines so the prototype is
> included properly, I did this under Linux and it seems to work.
> I guess there are different ways to include this prototype on other
> implementations.

I would certainly hope there aren't - I think that's where I put the
declaration of "strptime()" when I created it for SunOS 4.1, as it's
just the inverse of "strftime()", which is also declared in <time.h>.

I don't know which platforms on which we run don't have it (I've seen
some references to it being on Windows, I've seen it in a number of
UNIX-flavored OSes, and it's in The Open Group's Single UNIX
Specification, version 2); if there are any that don't have it, we could
either disable that part of the code on platforms that don't have it, or
drag in the GNU libc implementation on those platforms (I'd vote for the
latter).