Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal BUG

From: "Rory V. Francis" <rory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 15:53:13 +0200
Good day,

I have downloaded  the source files of Ethereal from
www.sunfreeware.com. I have installed a number of other packages as
requested by the web site. Then I compiled Ethereal and installed it
using GNU make.

When I run ./ethereal,  I get a core dump. Please could you have a look
to see what is happening.

Thank You
Rory Francis
--------
Here is the information requested:

1.   SunOS 5.8

2.   GTK version : 1.2.8

3.  ethereal 0.8.12, with GTK+ 1.2.8, with libpcap 0.6, with libz 1.1.3,
without SNMP

4.  /usr/local/bin/ethereal      or    ethereal     or   ./ethereal  .
They all have the same effect.
After initiating  ethereal, it creates a core dump file with  the
message BUS ERROR.
E.G :

# ethereal
Bus Error(coredump)