Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] win 32 donwload source code

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 09:26:06 -0400
On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 03:02:20PM +0200, Jose Antonio Cadierno Menendez wrote:
> escuse for my inglish...is tomuch bad
>
> I need download the lasted win 32 code source of Ethereal.
> I need compile it in c++ builder 4.0 or MS visual c++
> who? where?
> help help......
> Where I can download the source code of the last version of Ethereal in win32 format?
>  I dont understand, linux or unix format, *tar.
>
> Help me please, I need read a packets of datagrams in Sinec h1 net, the executable program Ethereal read this packets and I need include especifics funtions of Sinec (S5-FECH) in a control program for comunicate a WIN NT Server in PLC net.
>
>                               Jose Antonio Cadierno
>                                  Asturias - Spain

We distribute the source only in .tar.gz format. It contains
makefiles for Unix and makefiles for MSVC, using nmake.  You'll
need some Unix-style tools to build it anyway, so you might
as well have 'tar' and 'gzip', too. You can get these by
installing the Cygwin package from:
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/
You should be able to find other win32 versions of these, too.

However, we accidentally left out a few files for the Win32 build
in ethereal-0.8.17a.tar.gz, so I recommend downloading a CVS
image from http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/nightly-builds/
Get the most recent one; it will build under Win32.

Once you have a *.tar.gz file, you need to unarchive it. Recent
versions of winzip can do that, or you can use tar and gzip do to so:

cd work-directory
gzip -dc < /location/of/file/ethereal.tar.gz | tar xvf -

Change into the newly-created directory and read README.win32,
which is the same file as:
http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/win32/win32-README.txt

You'll need sed, flex, bison, bash, grep, and Python, too.

(offer for help in Spanish)
Si quieres mas ayuda en espa�ol, mandame correo electr�nico
directamente a gram@xxxxxxxxxx.

--gilbert