Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Win32 Compile - Linker problem

From: "Dr.-Ing. Gerrit Gehnen" <G.Gehnen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 08:31:18 +0200
Guy Harris wrote:
> There was a bug in the "wiretap/Makefile.am" file that caused "wtap.def"
> not to be included in the source distribution; the nightly tarballs'
> content is not determined by the lists of files in the "Makefile.am"
> files, which is why you found it in the nightly tarball.
>
> (The bug was fixed after 0.8.17 was released, so the next release
> shouldn't have this problem.)

I have another problem with building under Win32
After adding the files and "sed" to my system (why must we depend on
more and
more additional stuff?)
the copmiler generates a lot of object files.
But the linker (VC 6.0) complains about a number of unresolved symbols
like
 __imp___errno
it seems, that the linker tries to link the objects against LIBC instead
of
LIBCMT as 0.8.16 did - which I was able to build.

  Gerrit