Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Filter bug ?

From: "Zuidweg, R (Rob)" <zuidweg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 14:04:22 +0200
L.S.

I'm having some problems with ethereal filters from releases > 0.8.13. ( I
use PC version 0.8.17 now)

When "match selected " some of my traced files I get an error message
"0x<value> is not a valid byte string"
It seems whenever the filter includes "FRAME[] == " it does no longer accept
0x to be included in the filter string.

Below I've included a frame from ethereal for demonstration:

please try the following:

>From the ISO 8073 COTP decoding do a match selected on TPDU code: 0xd (CC)
ethereal will now construct the filterstring frame[81] == 0xd8, which will
not be accepted as being valid.

 <<matchselbug.etr>>

Please let me know if this is a bug and if so , will it be solved in a
future release?

With kind regards,

Rob Zuidweg
zuidweg@xxxxxxxxxx