Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Issues compiling Wireshark on RHEL7

From: chuck c <bubbasnmp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 08:37:24 -0600
Were there any errors when running tools/rpm-setup.sh?

 pcre2-devel \

On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 6:46 PM Mun Johl via Wireshark-users <wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

The error is just another missing library:

CMake Error at /usr/local/share/cmake-3.25/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230 (message):

  Could NOT find PCRE2 (missing: PCRE2_LIBRARY PCRE2_INCLUDE_DIR) (found

  version "")

I didn’t want to mention it yet because I haven’t begun my search yet for the lib or sources.  Although, I appreciate your concern and inquisitiveness :)

Best regards,

--

Mun

Can you share your error message? Anything like this:

"but here I'm using CentOS 7.9 after changed the dependencies in CMakeLists."

Not sure what the CMakeList changes were.