Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] (Is this message being received by anyone?) How to interpr

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 12:37:08 -0700
On Mar 28, 2019, at 11:58 AM, Shawn Carroll via Wireshark-users <wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I received it! I think most people have moved to an online forum-I forget the details, but perhaps someone else can chime in with them for us? Thanks! :)

I'm unaware of any online forum for Wireshark.

Wireshark *does* have a question-and-answer site, but that's not a forum - a Q&A site is a crowdsourced FAQ, where the goal is to *avoid* discussion as much as possible by making it possible for people to find questions that have already been asked and answered, so they just have to read the answer, rather than post a question and wait for the answer.  That's why, for example:

	when an unrelated question is asked in a comment, we say it should be asked separately (with the old Q&A software, we could turn it *into* a question, and did);

	we edit unclear question titles to make it clearer what's being asked.