Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] filter application layer frames during capture kernel (SIP

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 14:04:39 +0000

Hi,

If I get your question right you want a capture filter for specific SIP “fields”. This question on ask Wireshark discuss a similar topic:

https://ask.wireshark.org/question/1320/how-would-i-map-this-display-filter-to-a-capture-filter/

he mechanisms that implement capture filters (a mechanism in libpcap and various OS kernels, where the filter is compiled into a pseudo-machine program and interpretively executed or translated to machine code and executed)…” “…there is no general mechanism for turning a display filter into a capture filter (and some display filters simply cannot be turned into display filters, as the BPF pseudo-machine does not support looping and thus cannot handle any protocol whose dissection requires a loop).”

If your SIP signaling happens between known IP addresses and ports you can use those as capture filter to only capture SIP traffic.

Regards

Anders