Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Need equivalent query

From: Vinoth S <weknowth59@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 19:00:44 +0530
Hi Team,

I am working on few exploration using tshark. Please find below command where I am extracting few fields from .pcap file. It has been executed in windows.

tshark.exe -r sample.pcap -E separator=, -E header=y -E occurrence=f -T fields -e frame.time -e frame.time_epoch -e frame.len -e ip.src -e ip.dst -e dns.resp.name -e dns.resp.type -e dns.resp.class -e dns.flags.rcode -e dns.a "(dns.flags.response==1) and (dns.a)" > sample.csv

I have tried in centos, it's not working. May I know what is an issue in below command.

tshark -r sample.pcap -E separator=, -E header=y -E occurrence=f -T fields -e frame.time -e frame.time_epoch -e frame.len -e ip.src -e ip.dst -e dns.resp.name -e dns.resp.type -e dns.resp.class -e dns.flags.rcode -e dns.a '(dns.flags.response==1) and (dns.a)' > sample.csv

(dns.flags.response==1) and (dns.a) => dns request has got response and ipv4 address is not empty

If possible, please share equivalent command for centos.

Thanks,
S.Vinoth