Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Dissecting packet details field by field

From: David Schaeffer <david.schaeffer2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 13:42:22 -0400
Hi folks.

I'm currently working on pulling specific data from a packet once they've clicked on some packet detail. For example, if the user clicks on a bit code in the packet body, I want to also pull the source IP address of that packet. Is there a way to search the packet body by field name or pulling the packet details into an object of some sort to parse this information? Thanks for any assistance you can offer in this matter.

David Schaeffer