Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Dissecting packet details field by field

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 14:21:27 -0400

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 1:42 PM, David Schaeffer <david.schaeffer2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks.

I'm currently working on pulling specific data from a packet once they've clicked on some packet detail. For example, if the user clicks on a bit code in the packet body, I want to also pull the source IP address of that packet. Is there a way to search the packet body by field name or pulling the packet details into an object of some sort to parse this information? Thanks for any assistance you can offer in this matter.

Can you give a bit more context?  I assume that this is the context of writing a protocol dissector?  What are you planning to do with, for example, the IP address?