Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Multiple traces

From: Perry Smith <pedzsan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 17:28:58 -0500
> On Oct 28, 2015, at 5:11 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> On Oct 28, 2015, at 1:25 PM, Perry Smith <pedzsan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> That is likely going to be a deal breaker for me.  I often want to view iptraces taken simultaneously on the two ends.  Perhaps there are better techniques?
>
> Well, you could create a small shell script named, for example, "wsopen", which does:
>
> 	#! /bin/sh
> 	/Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/MacOS/Wireshark "$@"&
>
> and then doing
>
> 	wsopen foo1.pcap
> 	wsopen foo2.pcap
> 	wsopen foo3.pcap
>
> should work.  (With 2.0.0rc1, this will fail; you'd have to install the latest 2.0.0rc2 automated builds from https://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/osx/.)

The suggested workaround works.  There are two wireshark applications running on my Mac now.  This may actually be preferred because I can switch applications with command-tab and then pick the window with command-backquote whereas if it was one application with multiple windows, it would be command-backquote to cycle through the all different IP traces as well as the other windows such as statistics, exports, etc.

Thank you very much… this is much appreciated

Perry