Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] aero

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 20:57:29 -0400
On 06/12/2014 06:45 PM, Templin, Fred L wrote:
Hi,

Wireshark currently correctly recognizes UDP port 8060 as "aero" but
it does not interpret the data immediately following the UDP header.
The data following the UDP header is simply an IPv6 packet (beginning
with the IPv6 header), which should be very easy to interpret using
existing wireshark protocol dissectors.

Can wireshark be updated to interpret and print the IPv6 packet that
immediately follows the aero UDP header?

Note that the correct reference for this is 'draft-templin-aerolink',
which obsoletes RFC6706:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-aerolink/

Probably.  What would help would be:

1) An enhancement request filed on https://bugs.wireshark.org
2) ... with an attached sample capture for testing.

Of course a patch (submitted to Gerrit) would make it even more likely. :-)