Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] SIP text to PCAP Possible?

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadrielk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 10:59:20 -0800 (PST)
I've got a code change to wireshark 1.11 that will let it read in "capture" files using its Lua engine, and thus let you write a Lua script to read in a log file of SIP messages (as a new "capture" file type) and display them in wireshark, save them as pcap, etc.  I wrote a Lua script to do so for Acme's sip log files, as my test of the new wireshark code.  But I haven't submitted the code change to wireshark yet, as I'm waiting for an existing submission to be merged.  Hopefully that will happen in the next week or two.

If you send me a few sample XS logs, I'll see if I can write up a Lua file reader for that as well.

-hadriel