Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] SIP text to PCAP Possible?

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadrielk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 08:21:11 -0800 (PST)
What devices are the log files from?

Some vendors provide tools to convert their log files to pcap format. (Acme has a free one to convert their SBC's sipmsg.log files to pcap, for example)

-hadriel

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Jamie O. Montgomery <Jamie.Montgomery@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Tip of the hat to the WireShark community. > > I'm looking for a way to take SIP messages from a text log and create a PCAP > file to view in WireShark. I've got some rudimentary PERL skills that could > take the text log file and parse the text to create some dummy information > for all the headers, but I haven't found a way to create a PCAP file from > scratch. I wanted to ask if such an effort had been made in the community. > > We provide VoIP to our customers, and reading through large log files is > very time consuming. We're much better at parsing PCAP files in WireShark. > We can't capture the VoIP traffic due to the magnitude of data we deal with. > > Thanks in advance. > > Jamie M