Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireshark and RTT

From: NITIN GOYAL <nitinkumgoyal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 18:44:53 +0530

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Simone Ferlin-Oliveira <ferlin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am trying to extract RTT values of a tracefile involving multiple TCP flows, but this
looks a bit tricky in wireshark. Could somebody give some help?
I have xprimented with tcp.analysis.ack_rtt and advanced option in the Y-axis scaling but the values are not convincing - or how does wireshark calculate them?

I had the same issue.  I had a long discussion with few people on this and it actually depends on how you see the vlaues and wher exactly you are doing the capture.

You can refer this link:

You can find out some older discussion on this forum with the guy who have actually written the algo to calculate the rtt.

Regards
Nitin