Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Extracting data from capture

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:31:46 +0200
Hi,

I had a little trouble too, but google was a friend. As the certificate(s) are sent using SCEP, I looked up how SCEP transfers certificates and found out it is using pkcs7. Then the file is in DER form (as I could see several binary certificates in the exported HTTP object). Then openssl pkcs7 help did the rest. Here is how you can extract the certificates:

openssl pkcs7 -inform DER -in <exported-http-object-filename> -print_certs

Good luck!
Sake