Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Question about ACK number

From: Amit Aggarwal <amit.agg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:01:27 +0900

Thanks Sake Blok J

Best Regards

Amit Aggarwal

+82 10 3383 8499

From: wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sake Blok
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 4:25 PM
To: Community support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] Question about ACK number

Hello Amit,

Yes, this is normal. Before the data stream and after the data stream, there is 1 phantom byte. So the first data packets has a sequence number that is 1 higher than the initial sequence number and after the FIN, there is also one phantom byte. This makes it possible to make a certain that the FIN was seen and not just the last data byte.

Cheers,

Sake