Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Question about ACK number

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:25:09 +0200
Hello Amit,

Yes, this is normal. Before the data stream and after the data stream, there is 1 phantom byte. So the first data packets has a sequence number that is 1 higher than the initial sequence number and after the FIN, there is also one phantom byte. This makes it possible to make a certain that the FIN was seen and not just the last data byte.

Cheers,
Sake