Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Default interface in the "front page"?

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 06:48:20 +0200
Michael Tuexen skrev 2013-04-08 06:11:
On Apr 8, 2013, at 2:22 AM, Jim Aragon wrote:

At 05:01 PM 4/7/2013, Guy Harris wrote:

On the front page, should Wireshark either select an interface as the
default, or select all of them by default?
If the user has not selected a default interface at Edit Preferences > Capture, I'd vote to have Wireshark select the first interface listed. I would not select all interfaces. I think single-interface capture is still more common, even on multiple interface systems.
I would prefer to follow what the user has configured. No default interface.

Perhaps we should have a text saying "No default interface selected" on the welcome page to guide the user on what to do, or something like that. In the case where no default interface is selected.
Regards
Anders

___________________________________________________________________________ Sent via: Wireshark-users mailing list <wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Archives: http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users Unsubscribe: https://wireshark.org/mailman/options/wireshark-users mailto:wireshark-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe