Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] monitor mode

From: bart sikkes <b.sikkes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 19:22:16 +0100
hello,

it might be the case you don't have your interface in monitor mode.
you could try to set it as such: iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor or use
another tool like airmon-ng [1] to do create a virtual interface in
monitoring mode. all this is dependend on the interface, it might
indeed not support monitor mode, but give it a go.

[1] http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=airmon-ng

good luck,
bart