Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] monitor mode

From: ilaria cianci <ilaria.cianci@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 10:15:21 +0100
Hi,

     as you suggested , I need to use monitor mode capture option. I set my wlan interface in monitor mode, but when I run

wireshark -i wlan0 -I -k

I got this error: The capture session could not be initiated (That device doesn't support monitor mode).

This is the output of the iwconfig command:

wlan0     IEEE 802.11abgn  Mode:Monitor  Tx-Power=15 dBm
          Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off

I use Ubuntu 12.04 and wireshark 1.6.

Thanks,

Ilaria