Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireshark 1.4.6

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 10:01:09 -0500
On 1/7/2013 5:10 AM, Varun Moruse wrote:
Hello
I am experimenting on Openflow tutorial with NOX controller.
For capturing packets it needs wireshark with its (i.e openflow's) plugin.
it is not get added on wireshark 1.6.7 which i have installed.
but it's been working for wireshark 1.4.6.
Will you please tell me how to get 1.4.6???
thank u.

1. See several previous EMails in this thread for suggestions as to how to obtain and install a 1.4 version of Wireshark.

2. A quick look at the openflow dissector @ http://www.openflow.org/ shows at least one issue which will cause a build of the disector to fail when building with a current version of Wireshark and at least one bug which will cause an incomplete dissection.

I will submit a patch  later today for these and any other issues I see.

So: If you wish to build a netflow dissector to use with a current Wireshark (1.6 or 1.8) you should be able to do so once the patch has been applied.