Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] How to easily identify multiple interfaces in wireshark...

Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:19:18 -0400

Hello,

I’m used to give more precise description of my connection in Wireshark interface Properties in the comment field

So it’ easy to select the interface facing the switch I want to capture.

The problem I have is on one my HP  machine I have 8 interfaces and it’s hard to tell which is which from inside Wireshark

because  the identification  like “\Device\NPF_{C4F…………}  is not shown in windows interface list  and the description field is

all the same:

HP NC364T PCIe Quad Port Gigabit Server Adapter

HP NC364T PCIe Quad Port Gigabit Server Adapter

As opposed as windows who list them as for example:

HP NC364T PCIe Quad Port Gigabit Server Adapter #3

HP NC364T PCIe Quad Port Gigabit Server Adapter #4

Any idea of what I can do to easily do a match ?    ( Now I put all the connection in “shutdown” state in Cisco switches and re-enable them

one at a time to see them reappear in Wireshark but it’s a bit cumbersome…)

regards.

Andre Noel