Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RTT timing for TCP packets

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:54:21 +0200
On 10/16/2012 03:14 PM, NITIN GOYAL wrote:
Hi

I want to calculate the Round Trip timign for the TCP packets.

But in wireshark, i don't see any particular field for the RTT timing for a
TCP packet like its there for the RTP packet.

Wireshark do calculates the RTT graph but i am not finding as how it has
been calculated.

It's done in ui/gtk/tcp_graph.c, look for the rtt_ functions.

Can someone help me out in finding the formula used for the same?

From the looks of it relative timestamps, trick is to find the right packets to compare.

Thanks,
Jaap