Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] https get data

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:18:02 -0700
On Apr 20, 2012, at 4:01 PM, Bores Valum wrote:

> I am new user of wireshark, so suppose wireshark is running, so if I run for example in my browser something like : https://site.com/?a=14&b=hehe. Does wireshark will capture the get data in plain text as it I have tiped ? or it will be captured in an encrypted format ?

The scheme in your URL is "https", which means that the traffic will be encrypted with SSL/TLS.  Wireshark captures network traffic at a very low level, so it'll capture the encrypted traffic, not the decrypted plain-text data.

See the Wireshark Wiki page on SSL:

	http://wiki.wireshark.org/SSL

for information on how to configure Wireshark to attempt to decrypt the traffic.