Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Looking for tool that will create congestion between two a

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 23:28:03 +1100
If you want to create congestion, I just use "iperf" from NLANR and configure it as a client to sent a UDP stream at the bandwidth you want. (Or use TCP to get it to hog as much as possible).

To simulate a bandwidth constrained network, I have used a linux box and use the netem feature (configured using the tc commands, and using bridging to to join the two interfaces that will be constrained with netem.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx