Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] ISDN Layer 3 decode

From: "Keith French" <keithfrench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:21:33 +0100
I have an ISDN (E1) analyser that cannot decode Q.Sig’s ASN1 notation holding information about call transfers etc. I know from another analyser that can export its D channel decode in Wireshark format, that Wireshark has an excellent decode for this.

Is there any way I can take the raw hex at layers 2 & 3 (LAPD layer 2) for each message and via something like text2pcap get Wireshark to decode this for me?

I have tried a syntax like:-

text2pcap input.txt output.pcap

but it just reports that it has read 0 packets.

The input file just contains the hex from one message, I have tried combining the layer 2 & 3 hex and just using the L3 hex.

Keith French.