Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] ISDN Layer 3 decode

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:28:20 -0600
On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 07:21:33PM +0100, Keith French wrote:

> I have an ISDN (E1) analyser that cannot decode Q.Sig’s ASN1 notation
> holding information about call transfers etc. I know from another
> analyser that can export its D channel decode in Wireshark format,
> that Wireshark has an excellent decode for this.

Can it save in a pcap or other data file format?  Wireshark supports
many file formats, and it's relatively easy to add new ones to wiretap
if the format is well documented.

> Is there any way I can take the raw hex at layers 2 & 3 (LAPD layer 2)
> for each message and via something like text2pcap get Wireshark to
> decode this for me?

Is it in the right format?  According to the text2pcap man page (also
available online at
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/text2pcap.html), it needs the
offset and then the hex.  There may be options to change this
requirement though.