Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] 10 Gbit Hardware packet filtering on Linux

From: Luca Deri <deri@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 21:24:53 +0200
Hi all,
this is to announce that all Wireshark Linux users, can now use hardware filters of modern 10 Gbit commodity (i.e. sub 1000$/port) cards such as Intel X520 in order to reduce the amount of packets that
 at 10 Gbit would flood wireshark. Hardware filters support has been added to the standard Linux driver. You can find more information about this technology and download, free of charge, the enhanced driver from http://www.ntop.org/blog/?p=192

Regards Luca and Joseph