Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Monitoring IP NAT Traffic in front of Firewall

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 08:37:50 +0200
On 05/28/2010 06:55 AM, Sankung Sawo wrote:
I am monitoring ip traffic infront of a firewall with NAT Overload. I
want to know whether the TCP port displayed in the capture window is the
external port number or the internal port translation number.
Thanks
sankung

Hi,

That would be the external one. There's no way for Wireshark to know what translations your NAT performs.

Thanks,
Jaap