Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] FTP Timeout Troubleshooting

From: M K <gedropi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 09:12:10 -0700
The PTR record is the reverse of the A record.  Without it, one can
experience rejection from some sites.  Why don't you do just a capture
with delta time stamping to determine where the holdup takes place.?
Also there are more protocols and layers involved in the logon process
than just DNS.

On 5/17/10, Jonathan S. Abrams <hociman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5/9/10 5/9/1011:49 PM, Bill Meier wrote:
>> Jonathan S. Abrams wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am trying to troubleshoot an issue with connecting to an FTP server,
>>> and have captured some packets that match a theory I have that the issue
>>> is related to a timeout.  I am hoping that someone can either explain to
>>> me what this data means or point me in the right direction towards
>>> interpreting it.
>>>
>>> When I initiated a connection to the FTP server in question, the
>>> following packets caught my attention.
>>>
>>> No.     Time        Source                Destination           Protocol
>>> Info
>>> 23 10.212754  SERVER          ME       TCP      ftp>  49497 [ACK]