Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] tshark to interpret wlan tags?

From: George Nychis <gnychis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 23:45:28 -0500
Hi all,

If I use:
tshark -n -i en0 -y IEEE802_11_RADIO -T fields -e wlan_mgt.tag.interpretation

... I keep getting "Not interpreted" for the tag field on beacon frames which definitely has an SSID which wireshark is able to interpret.

Additionally, if I use
tshark -i en0 -y IEEE802_11_RADIO -o column.format:'"Info", "%i"'

It is able to interpret the flags: Beacon frame, SN=1619, FN=0, Flags=........C, BI=100, SSID="CMU"

Does anyone know how I can use the -e option and have it interpret the flags correctly?

Thanks!
George