Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] how to start Wireshark automatically at each boot-up?

From: Karthik Balaguru <karthikbalaguru79@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:55:48 +0530
On 1/14/10, Hrishikesh Murali <hrishikeshmurali88@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Dai Nish <dai_nish@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Please advise me how you could start Wireshark automatically and use it to
> monitor network traffic at each boot-up.
>
> Just add the line "wireshark&" to /etc/rc.local
>  --

Great !! I think, that will work fine incase of single interface.
But, incase of multiple interfaces, how will wireshark select a
particular interface automatically so that packets sent/received
through that particular interface can be analyzed as soon as the
system boot up? Is there any configuration file that can be used by
wireshark to choose an interface as soon as it comes up ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru