Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Creating and Modifying Packets

From: Hrishikesh Murali <hrishikeshmurali88@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:41:06 +0530
Hi,

Is it possible to create packets with customized HTTP/TCP/IP headers  and then transmit them using wireshark? If not, is there a tool which makes this possible?

Also, is it possible to temporarily capture packets using wireshark, modify any content we want to, and then transmit them to their desired location?

I have another problem. I am connected in a LAN using ethernet, and I use wireshark to sniff packets through my interface. Even though I enable promiscuous mode, I am still only able to see packets going in and out of my system, even though other users are active in the LAN. Does this mean the network is a point-to-point network? Or is there any other possible conclusion?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Hrishikesh Murali