Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] PlayCap: Playback Tool for Wireshark/tcpdump/WinDump/libpc

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:37:54 -0800
On Dec 19, 2009, at 11:36 AM, Guy Harris wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2009, at 11:31 AM, Alan Ott wrote:
>
>> I've often had the need to play back captures made with Wireshark or
>> another libpcap-based tool. Since I haven't found a tool that suits this
>> need well on Windows platforms, I have developed a tool to do this.
>
> Thanks.
>
> You might want to mention it to the "Traffic generators" section of the Tools page on the Wireshark Wiki:
>
> 	http://wiki.wireshark.org/Tools

You might also want to add the license (GPL) and platforms to the item - other items on the Tools page have that as a parenthetical note for the tool.

As it uses the FOX toolkit, any OS X support would presumably require X11 (as is currently the case with Wireshark itself), as the FOX toolkit doesn't support OS X natively.  It might support other UN*Xes with X11 desktops, and OS X with X11, if it uses libpcap's packet-sending APIs rather than directly using PF_PACKET sockets on Linux.