Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] PlayCap: Playback Tool for Wireshark/tcpdump/WinDump/libpcap

From: Alan Ott <alan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:31:22 -0500
Hello,

I've often had the need to play back captures made with Wireshark or another libpcap-based tool. Since I haven't found a tool that suits this need well on Windows platforms, I have developed a tool to do this.

PlayCap is a GUI application that plays back Wireshark (and any libpcap-based) captures on to a network. It runs on Linux and Windows, and has a convenient Windows installer.

The main site is http://www.signal11.us/oss/playcap/ and the source is located on GitHub at http://github.com/signal11/PlayCap .

Since this is the first public release, it should be considered Alpha quality, and testers are appreciated.

I posted on this mailing list because there have been requests here before for a "playback tool for Wireshark," and I think that PlayCap fits this requirement.

Thanks,

Alan.