Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] VLAN Tags?
From: Jeff Morriss <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 08:39:41 -0400

Bob Carlson wrote:
I am connecting to and monitoring a port on a managed VLAN switch from a Windows Vista machine.
Is there any way to capture the VLAN tags? I presume this may depend on
the Ethernet nic and driver. Is there a device/driver that I need to get
to support this?
I don’t actually know if the monitoring port delivers the VLAN tags of
the packets it is monitoring. The switch is a ProCurve 2600-8-PWR.
Anybody know?
I do know that Wireshark can parse these. I used to capture vlan tags
when I was watching a VLAN being bridged across 802.11 with WDC.
Take a look at:

http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/VLAN