Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Mac OS- wireshark won't start - error message

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:59:39 -0700

On Jun 23, 2009, at 4:33 PM, Phillip Estrada wrote:

I knew I shouldn't have upgraded. It was working before. I downloaded
the latest version now I can't get wireshark to start. I get this
error message. What do I do now?

	http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3397

Not only will it give you a later version of libpng12, it will give you a whole bunch of bug fixes.

Gerald, are we building the releases - *and* the support libraries for them, such as GTK+ - with the 10.5 SDK, or with the system libraries on the build machine? If the latter, that will, alas, produce builds that only run on the OS version of the build or later versions, not earlier versions, thanks to various X11 libraries

	1) using libtool's wacky library numbering scheme

and

	2) being updated with each software update.