Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Save output into a file

Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 07:48:02 +0200
Hi Rohan,

You can use TShark with the options -V (to add output of packet tree (Packet
Details)) and/or -x (to add output of hex and ASCII dump (Packet Bytes).

$ tshark -i 3 -Vx > test.txt
$ tshark -r inputfile.pcap -Vx > outputfile.txt

Or you can use Wireshark to export a .pcap file.
Open inputfile.pcap.
File -> Export -> File...
Packet Format:
select Packet summery line and/or Packet details and/or Packet Bytes.
Save as outputfile.txt

Hope this helps
Joan