Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Save output into a file

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 00:48:08 -0700
(This isn't a wireshark-dev question, so I'm only sending the reply to wireshark-users.)

On Apr 30, 2009, at 11:25 PM, Rohan Solanki wrote:

Hi all,
I want to save the information of all the packets into file .. For this i am running wireshark with the command "wireshark -w outputfile.txt". and also with the command "wireshark -w outputfile.pcap". But i am not able to save the output into the specified file. Is there any other command to run wireshark and save the output into a file?

"tshark >outputfile.txt".