Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] capture file cut short in the middle of a packet

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 22:20:48 +0200
Hi,

You say you're saving a file *during* a live capture? That may be that the file isn't yet flushed out, before a copy is made, hence the end of the file isn't a proper record, hence causes this warning.
What if you first stop the capture, then save it?

Thanx,
Jaap

Condor Kim wrote:
unfortunately, my wireshark version is 0.99.4.. that's the only version i could download from the http.us.debian.org/debian repository for my linux eeepc 900a.

the popup message occurred only when i'm saving a session of live-capture.

why would the file be corrupted?