Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] data lost with wireshark-win32-1.1.2

Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:08:24 +0800
Hi All:
I met some trouble these days when use wireshark-win32-1.1.2 for data capturing, and i think any information from you would be much helpful.

I capture data from a data generator board(send 25600 packets at 480Mbps with changeless data ,30Mhz with 16bit data width) , and found  packet lost. so i check the interface details from "Capture->Interfaces->Details", but something confused me:

in Statistics table,
what does "Receive Error" means? it happened some times. what cause this happen?
what dose "Receive but no buffer" means? it always happend .what cause this happen?

in Characteristics table,
does "Receive buffer space" means hardware  buffer size on my network card, or software buffer allocated by wireshark for receiving? Can i change this value for good receiving performence?

and i found that the  total number of packets added by  three parts (Receive but no buffer + Drop + Display ) equals  25600 ,the packets number i send from my board.

My network card on  laptop is "Realtek RTL8111C(P)/8168C(P) PCI-E Gagibit Ethernet NIC", other  configurations are: 2G memory, Dual CPU, 2G Hz,WinXp SP3.

Thank you very much for your time!  any idea for you would be appreciated.